Wednesday 25 July 2012

An Angel picture part II.

Hello Everyone :) I am quite busy lately in my studio finishing my Angel picture and experimenting in a meantime. I did all the parts I needed, now just painting and gluing left. It looks interesting already, laying just on the ceramic tile. Don't you think? :)


I have some sort of a shadow frame for it, not sure if it will fit under the glass tho. I have to distress it all with gold and white paint. This should look lovely., at least I hope so....

In a meantime I almost finish my Harlequin face and made another one half way through. I need to take pictures of them. I just forgot again.

Here is another experiment I did yesterday while waiting for my angel's bits to bake:



I used parts from the cane I did earlier. Quite like the composition and contrast from this little red part on the edge of black base, but I am going to change it for blue, with distress. Also I am going to work on the base color, add another layer to both shell shapes maybe. Generally I treat it as a good start for something interesting here.
Obviously everyone could easily see I am under big influence of Ronna Sarvas Weltman at the moment. Personally I don't mind this as through centuries artists use to learn different techniques by coping the best artists they could find. I highly admire Ronna's work, I just hope I will be able to add my own dimention, and new touch to it in the "not so far away" future. I know it won't be easy but I like chalenges.



No comments:

Post a Comment