Monday 26 August 2013

tear drop beads

I am still trying to figure out the best possible pattern for me to work around different ideas and mediums. The best one so far is to organize things in batches. I find it hard as I would love to do everything at once, on the other hand this atitude doesn't really serve me (unless the night would magicaly spread for another 16 hours). Heaving this in mind I was busy making some tear-drop beads  along with more new birds to go with my bird necklaces series. I quite like the marble effect on them, although I would prefer a little more of a transculent clay next time around.


After polishing job done I ended up with a few I really liked, especially the green drop and the biggest - blue one. Those two are my favourite and I can't wait to use them!


I was sanding and polishing all evening. Next day I had to cut my finger nails short as I sanded them as well! I found it very daunting task, how do you sand your pieces? By hand? Mechanicaly? Those drops are not so big and really "wobbly and wriggle" when you try to work on them...any sugesstions?

No comments:

Post a Comment